REFERRALS FOR YOUR CHILD
If your child needs to see a specialist, follow these instructions to process a referral:
- Determine if your insurance company requires you to have a referral for the problem that your child has. PPOs do not need referrals.
- Obtain approval from your PCP (clinician) for the referral.
- Make an appointment with the specialist.
- Click on Referral Request form below, input the information requested, and click on submit.
- It takes approximately 5 - 7 business days to process your referral. Most referrals are now electronic, so there is no hard copy. Your specialist will receive the referral via fax.
- Alternative to submitting the form online, you can call the Virginia Pediatric Group referral line at and leave us all information required.