A MESSAGE FOR OUR VPG FAMILIES ON COVID-19:
The health and well-being of our patients, families, and staff continue to be our top priority. We are making every effort to implement protocols to maximize safety within our office while providing the best care to our patients.
VPG has implemented the following changes to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Pre-screening patients prior to visit. Please click the link for the prescreening questionnaire.
- Mandatory masks in office for parents and children 2 years and older
- Temperature checks prior to coming into the office for parents and patients
- Scheduled appointments only, NO WALK INS
- Increasing use of telemedicine visits
- Curbside Vaccinations and Curbside Labs are available
- Disinfecting rooms and office spaces/equipment more frequently per protocol
- For our staff: daily temperature checks, prescreening and social distancing
- Separate blocks of time for well only and sick only patients
- Reducing time and exposure in waiting areas
COVID-19 Testing: now available as curbside send-out testing after Telemed visit.
Well Visits: We encourage in office well visits and vaccinations for all ages. In addition to in office well visits, we are continuing to schedule telemedicine sick and well visits. We will now be able to schedule patients with Anthem Healthkeepers Plus and United Healthcare Community Plan.
- Currently seeing sick visits via telemedicine, curbside visits and designated times and locations in our offices
- We have COVID-19 Rapid and Antibody testing, with provider visit and order.
Curbside Check-In: you will be texted while waiting in your car with your room number.
Well Child Checks
At this time, we feel it is important to stay on track with your child’s well visits and vaccinations. In order to limit risk of infection, we will be scheduling well visits during a time period when sick visits are not being seen in the office, in addition to measures listed above.
To reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 to our patients, staff, and their families, we are REQUESTING the following:
- We are requesting families limit the number of caregivers bringing the child to the office. One parent per child.
- We are requesting families to bring only the patient to the office with no siblings.
- We are requesting people over 60 to avoid the office unless there is absolutely no alternative, and they are the child’s caregiver
The Health Department recommends that the public do the following to protect themselves and others from respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with sick people and social distancing (6 feet away)
- Healthy eating, exercise, and adequate sleep help you stay healthy
Here are helpful COVID-19 resources:
Virginia Department of Health
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Surveillance
- COVIDWISE app
- Algorithm for Evaluating a Child with COVID-19 Symptoms
- When is it safe to be around others: Ending isolation in non-healthcare settings
- When Should a Child Stay Home From School and/or Child Care?
- Prepare Yourself and Your Family
- Children and COVID-19
- Talking With Children About Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Fight Germs, Wash Your Hands VIDEO
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and you
- COVID-19 Symptom Checker
AAP Healthy Children
- When Can Children Get the COVID19 Vaccine?
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Working and Learning from Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Social Distancing: Why Keeping Your Distance Helps Keep Others Safe
Child Mind Institute
- Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Supporting Families During COVID-19
National Child Trauma Stress Network
FFX County DH
Loudoun County DH
Virginia Pediatric Group