Posts for tag: ADHD
Is your child having trouble focusing, completing tasks, or paying attention in general? If so, your child might have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, commonly known as ADHD. How can you find out? The pediatricians at Virginia Pediatric Group can help! They have several convenient office locations in Fairfax, Herndon, Great Falls, and South Riding, Virginia to help you and your child.
More on Childhood ADHD
These factors as potential indicators of ADHD:
- Difficulty paying attention or focusing on a project
- Problems listening and following directions
- Impulsive, erratic behavior and excessive talking
- Squirming, fidgeting and other hyperactive behavior
- Inappropriate active behavior like running or climbing
- Losing things, and difficulty with organization
ADHD affects your child’s ability to make and keep friends, do well in school, and behave well socially. Your child may exhibit destructive, bullying behaviors which will affect friendships and their ability to learn may be compromised, resulting in poor grades. Sleeping problems are also a common issue with ADHD.
If you think your child might have ADHD, your pediatricians at Virginia Pediatric Group can help by performing behavioral testing at the initial consultation appointment. Your child, you, and your child’s teachers may be interviewed also.
ADHD treatment often includes several types of therapy, such as:
- Medication therapy to help your child focus and practice self-control
- Behavioral therapy to reduce inappropriate and destructive actions
If your child has ADHD, you don’t want it to go undiagnosed and untreated, as it can dramatically affect many aspects of their life. It can even cause difficulties in adulthood. To learn more about ADHD diagnosis and treatment, call the pediatricians at Virginia Pediatric Group, with offices in Fairfax, Herndon, Great Falls, and South Riding, Virginia today!